☆ xBope Gaming team ☆  Index du Forum
☆ xBope Gaming team ☆

☆ xBope Gaming team ☆  Index du ForumFAQRechercherS’enregistrerConnexion

:: The American Negro : What He Was, What He Is, And What He M ::

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    ☆ xBope Gaming team ☆ Index du Forum ->
Partie Graphisme
-> Logiciels de créations
Sujet précédent :: Sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
zeekaile
☆ Inconnus ☆

MessagePosté le: Mar 27 Juin - 08:56 (2017)    Sujet du message: The American Negro : What He Was, What He Is, And What He M Répondre en citant

The American Negro : What He Was, What He Is, and What He May Become; a Critical and Practical Discussion
by William Hannibal Thomas
rating: 5.0 (2 reviews)

->->->->DOWNLOAD BOOK The American Negro : What He Was, What He Is, and What He May Become; a Critical and Practical Discussion
->->->->ONLINE BOOK The American Negro : What He Was, What He Is, and What He May Become; a Critical and Practical Discussion

This volume was published in 1901.

Dedication from the book:
Written in the hope that all members of the race still
fettered by ignorance or spiritual blindness may by its
teachings be inspired to to noble thoughts and deeds,
is dedicated to all American men and women of Negroid
ancestry who have grown to the full stature of manhood
and womanhood.

Excerpts from the book's Foreword:
None of my ancestors "was owned in slavery, so
far as my knowledge goes. On my mother's side
I come from German and English stock. My ma-
ternal grandfather, the son of a white indentured
female servant by a colored man, was born at Bed-
ford, Pennsylvania, about the year 1758. My mater-
nal grandmother was a white German woman, born
in 1770, and brought up at Hagerstown, Maryland.
This branch of my ancestry emigrated to Ohio in
1792, and settled near the town of Marietta, where
my mother was born, in 1812. On the paternal side,
both of my grandparents, who were of mixed blood,
were Virginians by birth. My father, who was
born in the year 1808, near Moorfield, in Hardy
County, removed to Ohio before attaining his ma-
jority. I was born on a farm, in a log cabin, on the
fourth day of May, 1843, in Jackson Township, Picka-
way County, Ohio. My earliest memories recall
my father and mother with their circle of children
gathered round the family fireside Sabbath afternoons
engaged in reading the Scriptures, and recitations
of the Decalogue and the Shorter Catechism. These
wholesome teachings, including the morning orisons
and evening prayers, with the never omitted suppli-
cation for "those who were in bonds," produced
indelible impressions on my youthful mind, and
exerted an abiding influence over my life.

This reference to the daily prayers for an enslaved
class indicates that I was bred in an atmosphere of
aversion to human bondage. Action, however, not
speech merely, opened my understanding, and gave
me positive convictions concerning life and liberty.
For, as far back as I can remember, my parents'
home was the rendezvous of escaping slaves, from
whose recital my childish heart drank in the miseries
of human chattel. My father was an active conductor
on the " Underground Railroad, " and, besides shelter-
ing and succoring slavery's unfortunate victims, spent
many of his nights in transporting his passengers
nearer to their haven of refuge. Nor was he alone
in this respect ; there were many others in that state,
which was a chief gateway between slavery and
freedom, to whom no panegyrics have been sung,
and whose names are not emblazoned in historic
annals, but who, nevertheless, put in jeopardy their
lives and liberty, to protect and defend the fleeing
subjects of an atrocious enthralment and bear them
weU on the way to a land of freedom.

I came into this world a child of poverty, and my
early days were spent in struggle for the maintenance
of myself and others. Moreover, having no excep-
tional mental or physical traits, and inheriting the
weakness as well as the strength which comes from
even legitimate race admixture, I suffered the addi-
tional disadvantage of having been brought up in the
seclusion of country life, and kept in ignorance of
many things accounted wise. Therefore, when in my
early youth, with scant human wisdom, I was sud-
denly thrust into contact with public activities, I had
no guide but a slowly growing experience; which
experience I found to be an inexorable teacher, one
that never condoned a fault nor erased a blunder.

Details:
price: $29.95
bound: 476 pages
publisher:
lang: English
asin: B003XRE67A
isbn:
weight:
filesize: 942 KB

The American Negro : What He Was, What He Is, and What He May Become; a Critical and Practical Discussion William Hannibal Thomas
The American Negro : What He Was, What He Is, and What He May Become; a Critical and Practical Discussion read flibusta story writer epub

AND WHAT HE MAY BECOME; A CRITICAL AND PRACTICAL DISCUSSION.
Find great deals for The American Negro, What He Was, What He Is, and What He May Become: A Critical and Practical Discussion (1901) von William Hannibal ...
Find great deals for The American Negro, What He Was, What He Is, and What He May Become : A Critical and Practical Discussion (1901) by William Hannibal ...
The American Negro: What He Was, What He Is, and What He May Become; A Critical and Practical Discussion by William Hannibal Thomas - Paperback, ...
The American Negro; what he was, what he is, and what he may become, a critical and practical discussionAt the core of ...others might value the ''heritage of the American Negro.''8 The novel ends.
of statistics has happened in the life of the American Negro ..He goes on, "Dick accused Baldwin of showing his gratitude for all he had ..a "drop of Negro blood," which makes them more open to the African American ...Returning to America he became during the administrations of TheodoreRoosevelt and ..which may form our guiding lines and boundaries in the practical difficulties of ...
It is because he has thought of man in relation to his social system that his plays have become something more than a moment's entertainment..Du Bois had once been an admirer of Washington—he had praised him for his ..

The American Negro: What He Was, What He Is, and What He May Become..After becoming a revolutionary Marxist in 1898, and ultimately ..of the American Negro – “black as the ocean” – to the liberating airthe needy, thus enabling them to give practical expression to their desire to ...

Afro-American Studies, being a ...BECOME; A CRITICAL AND PRACTICAL DISCUSSIONIt may be necessary to remove everything concerning race from oneself, in order ..He discusses the role of Harlem within cultural revolutions, highlighting the hyphenation ...this depends upon there being many more Negro physicians in practiceNegroes may be an issue, other matters are involved for Indians

When we were working on a new Norton critical edition of Cane, ....against the revolted negroes of Surinam (in Guiana on the Wild Coast of South AmericaWashington, the Civil War, ..markers of the 'new Negroes' that he acquired through his American education, ..

....He has, consequently, been led to deprecate and minimize race distinctions, ..Study "a never-to-be-repeated human experiment,"32 he.
5 days ago ..A Critical and Practical Discussion.
THE AMERICAN NEGRO: WHAT HE WAS, WHAT HE IS, AND WHAT HE MAYHe was long famed as the first physician to operate on the human heart and received the ...
Easily the most striking thing in the history of the American Negro since 1876 is the ..This devotion became a crusade which, in the above instance, carried him to Europe ..were made on the "radical" experiment of offering classical education to Negroes 171bf2437f

Princeton, NJ: Princeton University PressThe worst thing I could do is summarize this novel in any detail, and were I the book's editor, I would argue very strongly for flap copy consisting of only three words:
ONLINE BOOK Prayer Arsenal : Weapons to Defeat the EnemyREAD BOOK American Indian Fairy TalesONLINE BOOK Corazón: Diario de un niño (bilingüe) / Heart: a child's diary (bilingual) (Spanish Edition)ONLINE BOOK There i Sat in Silence[PDF] Contos e contados sobre a gente rural de outro tempo (Portuguese Edition)Four American Naval Heroes: Paul Jones, Oliver H. Perry, Admiral Farragut, Admiral Dewey : a Book for Young Americans Mabel Borton BeebeDoes War Make States?: Investigations of Charles Tilly's Historical Sociology Lars Bo KaspersenAll Through The Night download epub mobi pdf fb2All I Want Series Boxset, Books 4-6 Clare LydonONLINE BOOK International Economics: A Heterodox Approach: A Heterodox Approach

Publicité

MessagePosté le: Mar 27 Juin - 08:56 (2017)    Sujet du message: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    ☆ xBope Gaming team ☆ Index du Forum ->
Partie Graphisme
-> Logiciels de créations
Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 2 Heures
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers:  

Index | Panneau d’administration | créer son forum | Forum gratuit d’entraide | Annuaire des forums gratuits | Signaler une violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation
Texno x0.3 © theme by Larme D'Ange 2006